The two winners of the Australian Fashion Foundation 2017/2018 Awards will each receive a $20,000 AUD grant and a 6 month internship with a global fashion powerhouse in New York City or Europe.
Who can enter
- Applicants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in or a recent graduate of a degree program, or have 3-5 years work experience in a related field.
- Applicable fields of study/work include fashion design, fashion marketing, fashion illustration, writing, styling, creative direction, photography, and public relations. Due to the varying titles of education/work in the creative industries, we encourage other fields of interest to apply by indicating their field in the "other" category.
- All finalists must be present at the final Sydney judging and celebration in December 2017.
How to Enter
Submissions for the 2017/2018 awards open on October 16th, 2017 and will close November 30th, 2017.
Applicants must submit:
- One page resume
- One page, single spaced 500 word essay describing their work and their goals for the future
- A PDF portfolio of 10-12 samples of their work
- A link to website, if applicable
- A link to their Instagram
- Proof of citizenship/permanent residency and age (ex. passport, birth certificate)
Finalists will be announced early December and will be invited to meet the judges late December in Sydney. Please note that the Australian Fashion Foundation does not provide judging feedback or scores on applications.
2016 Hannah Tan - Internship at Calvin Klein, New York
2016 Deanna Fanning - Internship at Kiko Kostadinov, London
2015 Vlad Kanevsky - Internship at Thom Browne, New York
2015 Panayota Theodore - Internship at Diane von Furstenberg, New York
2014 Alexander Oscar Kelvy - Internship at LVMH, Paris
2014 Grace Butterworth - Internship at Giles, London
2013 Amie Jones - Internship at VFILES, New York
2013 Talisa Trantino - Internship at Alexander McQueen London
2012 Natasha Fagg - Internship at Alexander McQueen, London
2012 Tim Watson - Internship at Thom Browne, New York
2011 Natalia Gryzbowski - Internship at Calvin Klein, New York
2010 Laura Wade - Internship at Proenza Schouler, New York
2009 Georgia Lazzaro - Internships at Calvin Klein and Narciso Rodriguez, New York