Since 2009, The Australian Fashion Foundation has led the way in promoting talented and passionate young Australians on a global scale. We believe in Australian talent and our ability to make our own mark on the world.
The philosophy of the Foundation is to help young Australians gain world class, hands on international experience and then return home with globally recognized training and contacts. By opening these doors and creating this platform, the Foundation not only assists these individuals, but also serves to further expand and enrich the future of Australian fashion industry, abroad and in Australia.
What We've Achieved
- 2009 Winner designer Georgia Lazzaro announced and completes internships at Calvin Klein and Narciso Rodriguez.
- 2009 Simon Eeles receives honorary mention and goes on to assist photographer Craig McDean.
- 2010 Winner Laura Wade secures an internship with Proenza Schouler.
- 2011 Winner Natalia Gryzbowski secures an internship with Calvin Klein.
- 2012 The Australian Wool Corporation joins forces with the AFF and financially supports both a European and NYC internship program.
- 2012 Winner designer Natasha Fagg secures our first ever European internship at Alexander McQueen.
- 2012 Winner Tim Watson commences his internship with Thome Browne International.
- 2013 Winners Amie Jones secures internship at VFILES, New York.
- 2013 Winner Talisa Trantino secures internship at Alexander McQueen.
- 2014 Malcolm Carfrae and Julie Anne Quay honored by G'Day USA for their contributions to the Australian Fashion Industry.
Image by 2009 Winner Georgia Lazzaro